August 11, 2016
Prepared by: Andrea Nick firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotter and drier weather is expected for the next few days with fuel moisture remaining at critical levels.
- Pilot Fire (San Bernardino County) – Fire activity diminishing, 7,899 acres with 70 containment reported this morning. Acreage growth was 38 compared to yesterday’s figures. Smoke impacts for the day is forecast to be highest in Hesperia, Apple Valley, and Victorville with modelled moderate to USG levels of smoke. No PM2.5 monitors are present in the impacted areas.
- Mineral Fire (western Fresno County) – Active fire behavior forecast for the next 24 hours, 6,952 acres with 15% containment reported this morning. Acreage growth was 1,952 compared to yesterday’s figures. Smoke impacts forecast to be greatest in Coalinga with report of light smoke in the area today. Very light smoke may reach eastward across the lower central valley.
- Horseshoe Fire (southwestern Inyo County) – Fire activity diminishing, 400 acres with 30% containment this morning. Acreage growth was 290 compared to yesterday’s figures. Light smoke may be present to the east throughout the day. The Lone Pine PM2.5 monitor indicates that light smoke may be present for a few hours a day.
- Smoke is expected to pool into the valley areas overnight, bringing smoke from the Mineral Fire eastward into the lower Central Valley but in minimal concentrations. Smoke from the Horseshoe Fire is expected to pool into the Owens Valley with minimal to moderate potential impacts to the community of Lone Pine.